Saturday, July 28, 2012

All done. Unfortunately.

I am a little sad to report that my Olympic campaign is now complete. There were four girls that raced in the time trial on Friday at the training pool. I unfortunately came 4th which was Dissapointing. Especially considering it was my birthday! I went into the time trial feeling very confident, everything had been perfect in my build up right down to the warm up before the time trial. I just wasn't fast enough on the day and New Zealand needs their fastest team racing in the 4x200! I know that my girls are going to stand up and show the world what they are made of and I will be screaming the loudest in the stands!! After the trial I had to re-group pretty much instantaneously (had to have a quick visit to see mum and dad, to get their supportive words. Had an early bedtime while the opening ceremony was on and then got up and swam the 4x100 freestyle yesterday morning. The team didn't swim as fast as the time we swam at the NZ trials but we all got out there and performed as best we could. I wasn't very happy with my split, didn't feel great in the water. Was so awesome walking out on deck and hearing the crowd screaming. Really got me excited to race. So I am now done. I will be screaming all week for my team mates and helping in every way I can for them (might have to do a few food hall runs for them to ensure they are very rested), looking forward to watching all of the swimming! Thankyou so much everyone for your support over my build up for this meet, it has been a long one! Would not be able to believe in myself as much if I didn't have all my friends and family support and love coming my way. I am proud to call myself an Olympian and I know I will love every minute of this experience for the next 2 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. well done penelope!!! i watched over here in my hostel and made my friends watch to!!!! when your name was called i did do a jump up and down on my seat!! very proud to call you my cousin!!! loved the blue suit as well!!!!! i hope yu have an amazing rest of the time over in london! love ya xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sooooo proud of you Pen. What a journey you have taken - you are so inspiring. Your work ethic, your dedication, your passion and aspirations. Olivia and Sarah have been so proud at school - they might have to role you out as Aunty Penny lopy on their show and tell day :)

    Make the most of every opportunity that London provides, the friends you will make. It must be so exciting to know what you have ahead of you with your holiday etc.

    Have fun, be safe.

    Us

    ReplyDelete