Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two More Sleeps in New Zealand

We now have two more sleeps in New Zealand before we head on our way.  Training over the past couple of weeks since being back from camp has still been very tough and still going very hard and heavy in the weights room.  We are leaving Tuesday night at 9.30pm which is also the day our taper will begin.  We are flying to Heathrow and then onto Brussels and into our camp in Ghent, Belgium.  I drove down to Hamilton on Friday to swim in a couple of races in the Hamilton Winter Meet just to get some race practice.  Swam alright considering how tired and sore my body is.  Everything is looking good. 

Will post on here regularly throughout the olympic campaign.

Next stop Belgium!

2 comments:

  1. Ye-ya
    Lon - don babeee. What a brilliantly constructed blog providing fascinating insights to your Olympic campaign. I personally am hooked! I can't wait to read your next installment.

    Wherever the pool, what ever the water, it's the same distance. Liz and I are sooooooo proud of you. You've worked so hard and now it's the magic zone of performing.

    Store the Belgium chocolate away in your bag and save it for after. I'll tell you all about chocolate one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Penelope,
    I'm writing from Bulgaria, I really enjoy your blogs also. I am a competitive swimmer over here and would love some more insight into your gym and weights program. I follow you on twitter and have noticed you quote often "I'm the baddest cat in the squat rack" I'm assuming from this you squat heavy? And also dead lift a bit? What type of weight should I be aiming for to be a international Llevel backstroker?

    Anastas Borgill

    ReplyDelete